✎Sattu Sharbat is a Bihari drink which is loved almost everywhere. Sattu powder is mixed with roasted ground black chana, roasted jeera and bay leaves which are blended together. It is also used as a condiment in various other dishes like Litti Chokha, Laddoos and even Parathas.
✎Sattu can either be served sweet by mixing it with sugar and water or with jeera, hara dhaniya (coriander leaves), green chillies and kaala namak (black salt).
✎Sattu Sharbat is very filling and healthy. It is full of nutrients, fiber and protein and is a brilliant summer cooler..Try the best drink of Bihar this Summer.
Health Benefits of Drinking Sattu Sharbat in Summers
- Drinking the Sattu Sharbat helps you stay energetic throughout the day. During summers, you tend to feel fatigued and exhausted due to excessive sweating and eventually all your energy is drained. During this time, you get an urge to drink something cool and hydrating, that's when you should consume the Sattu Sharbat as it has cooling properties that keep you active throughout the day.
- If you want to battle dehydration and heat stroke, Sattu Sharbat is the perfect drink
- This drink is great for women during pregnancy and menstruation as it replenishes the lost nutrients in the body.
- Your skin needs nourishment too. Sattu has amazing hydrating properties, hence if consumed regularly; it can help restore your natural glow
- Sattu has a low glycemic index that keeps our sugar levels in check. The namkeen sattu drink may be a good option for diabetics
- Sattu has a high amount of dietary fiber which promotes the movement of food through your digestive system towards the intestinal tract and thus, helps in digestion.
- The presence of fiber, makes sattu a very filling and satisfying drink. It keeps you full for a longer period of time and so, helps in preventing unwanted hunger ache